Saturday 24 September 2011

Wanda Sykes Reveals The Battle Of Breast Cancer Ellen DeGeneres

0 comments
Wanda Sykes Reveals The Battle Of Breast Cancer Ellen DeGeneres: In Monday's episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", comedian and actress Wanda Sykes talks about her fight against breast cancer. "I found through I had a breast reduction, in reality" in February, Sykes said. "I had really big breasts, and I'm tired of all the things that happen. Every time I eat Oh Lord. I would wear a Tide stick wherever I go. My back was sore, so it was time to have a reduction. It wasn’t until after the reduction that in the lab work, the pathology, that they found that I had DCIS in my left breast. I was very, very lucky because DCIS is basically stage zero cancer. So I was very lucky. But cancer is cancer.” Sykes said she could have gone in every three months for a checkup, mammogram and MRI. “But, I’m not good at keeping on top of stuff,” she adds. "I'm sure I'm due for an oil change and dental treatment now. I have a lot of history of breast cancer on my mother's side of the family that I do not know." She decided to have a bilateral mastectomy. "I had both breasts removed, and because I now have no chance of having breast cancer," says Sykes. “It sounds scary up front, but what do you want? Do you want to wait and not be as fortunate when it comes back and it’s too late?” “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” airs at 3 p.m. weekdays on WESH-Channel 2. DeGeneres notes it’s the first time Sykes has talked about the issue and says, “I just admire the hell out of you.” But Sykes talks about her reluctance to become an activist on a new issue. "I like" I know, I speak or what? How could I? I am black and lesbians "he said." I cannot be the poster child for everything. At least with LGBT issues have a parade, have a fleet is one of the parties. I was very reluctant to do because I like walking. I had many trips to come, "he laughed. Wanda Sykes Reveals The Battle Of Breast Cancer Ellen DeGeneres.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ApseNF